Students Rally Before Games

Superfans lead the charge out of the teepee followed by the varsity football team. Photo courtesy of Riley McCullough

Evan Ellis, Sports Editor

Friday night lights are the most packed and loudest event going into the weekend with the Kickapoo Chiefs rushing onto the field and dominating opponents while having the entire student body behind them. Whether it’s the chants to get the student body fired up or making a human tunnel coming out of the teepee, everyone there estatic and ready to go, but what does this insane and rowdy student section do before all of the hype?

Some students go home, lay in bed, get dressed and head to the game while others get in groups and get ready together before the team enters the field. “We always go to Jessica’s house, crank the music, eat all of her food, and Jessica paints our faces!” senior Claire Loethen says. “Sometimes we all shove in one car and have to sit on the floor and we roll the windows down and rap as loud as we can.”

But what about the players? How do they get ready to go out on the field and take down opponents?

“We just set our mindset to win and compete, get loose, warm up, and get each other hype,” senior Andrew Kauffman said.

They way students and athletes get ready for the imposing batttle are either drastically different or fairly similar. Different people pregame in different ways but the battle that insues is very much alike.

“I like to get together with friends, get ready for the theme and usually like to get some food before,” senior Grayson Hodges said.

Students Rally Before Games