Preview Before the Madness

Kody Kershner, Reporter

College basketball once again has been unpredictable and the madness has started before March. The number one ranking has already changed 5 times in the first twelve weeks. The top 10 has looked entirely different each week with teams that usually are not ranked in the top ten being up there  and teams you expect to always be there are not in there.

Duke started the season as the number one team in the nation, but have not had the start to the season they anticipated. defending national champion Villanova started the season at number four and have been as high sas number one. Indiana started the season better than anyone beating two top three teams but has since lost 6 of their last 10.  Some of the team’s that are  regulars in the top 10 are teams such as Kentucky, Kansas and North Carolina. This year some of the top recruits are showing why they were top recruits by playing at a very high level.. The most notable are Kansas forward Josh Jackson, North Carolina State guard Dennis Smith Jr, and Kentucky guard Malik Monk. Freshman are not the only players taking over as Senior Frank Mason of Kansas, Junior Justin Jackson of North Carolina, and Sophomore Luke Kennard of Duke are showcasing they will be future NBA draft picks. The season is only halfway over, but has been filled with unpredictability and excitement. From last years national championship to this past week college basketball has been everything a fan could want.

UCLA’S Lonzo Ball reacts after shooting a 3-pointer against Arizona in the first half on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017, at Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles. Arizona won, 96-85. Photo credit to MCT Direct.

Preview Before the Madness