LPA King Crowned at Assembly

Seniors Renny Haag and Harry Barnett after Barnett was crowned LPA King. Barnett wasn't really sure about his chances of being crowned but his friends made the experience better.

Seniors Renny Haag and Harry Barnett after Barnett was crowned LPA King. Barnett wasn't really sure about his chances of being crowned but his friends made the experience better. "My campaign manager started propaganda so we felt pretty secure," Barnett said. Photo Courtesy of Riley McCullough.

Heather West, News Reporter

On Thursday February 23, senior Harry Barnett was crowned the king of LPA. Ladies Pay All (LPA) is the annual winter formal, usually held in the month of February. Similar to homecoming, LPA holds a court ceremony for senior attendants to win the title of king/queen.

Barnett said he wasn’t sure if he’d win and he didn’t really care either way.

“When they called my name, I was a little shocked. But what was more shocking was when the crown didn’t fit on my huge head,” Barnett said.

Barnett is involved in band and other fine arts activities which are things held close to him. Barnett would like to believe that being involved with fine arts helped in his success of becoming king.

“I love fine arts of Kickapoo and [students] need to continue to elect fine arts into the ‘royalty’” Barnett said.

LPA King Crowned at Assembly