Too Many Televisions?

A+portion+of+the+eight+new+T.Vs+displaying+black+screens+in+stunning+1080p+definition.+
A portion of the eight new T.Vs displaying black screens in stunning 1080p definition.

Evan Ellis, Sports Editor

The purpose behind the eight new televisions in the Commons has been questioned by the student body. The eight new T.Vs were bought using the school’s technology fund from the district.

“Each year we increase our ability for students to have access to technology,” broadcast journalism teacher Kyle Loudis said.

The student body has complained for many years about the condition regarding the bathrooms and are questioning as to why the school decided to buy eight new T.Vs instead of remodeling the bathrooms.

“The budget given from the district for the school to buy the eight new T.V’s are in the technology fund while the bathrooms are in the building facilities fund,” Loudis said.

One of the T.Vs will be playing ChiefTV on a loop the whole day, one will have announcements from Student Council, and two will have a transcript from the announcements during 2nd block on loop for the whole day.

“This will also give students a lot more flexibility regarding demonstrating presentations in the commons area,” Loudis said.

The bathrooms may not be in tip-top shape but those changes will come. The eight new T.V’s are just the start of a technology storm that is about to hit the school district and Kickapoo for that matter.

Too Many Televisions?