Graduation Need-to-Knows

Four seniors on a trip in Seattle

Four seniors on a trip in Seattle

Four seniors on a trip in Seattle

Magdelaine Mueller, Reporter

In the days leading up to graduation, seniors are finding themselves frantically trying to organize themselves. Here to ease your stress is a list of need-to-knows for graduation.

1. Distribution of Caps and Gowns: Caps and gowns will be distributed on Wednesday, April 26 during lunch. All financial obligations must be paid off before seniors receive their cap and gown.
  2. A+ Senior Luncheon: May 1, all seniors will be offered lunch in the area outside of the libraryy and given an A+ honor cord.
  3. Baccalaureate: On May 7, an interdenominational celebration of the graduating seniors on the baccalaureate committee.
  4. Senior Recognition Assembly: This takes place on Wednesday, May 10. It starts at 8:15am in the gymnasium. Hall of Fame recipients, departmental awards, and scholarships and honors will be mentioned during the assembly. The memories video follows the Senior Recognition Assembly. The class of 2017 will watch the video together. Don’t forget to send your photos from this school year to khsmems@gmail.com.
  5. Senior Finals: May 11 will finals day for all senior who did not obtain an “A” in all of their classes.
  6. Senior Breakfast: 7:30am on May 12, senior breakfast will be held at Golden Corral.
  7. Commencement Rehearsal: Following senior breakfast, commencement rehearsal will take place in the Gymnasium at Kickapoo at 9am.
  8. Graduation: The class of 2017 graduates on May 12 at 8:30pm. It will be at the JQH Arena on the campus of Missouri State University. Don’t forget to leave purses, gifts, cellphones, cameras, or other valuables at home! Line up time, for seniors, is at 7:35pm in Hammons Student Center. Do not wear cap and gown when entering. Seniors are expected to dress up.
  9. Project Graduation: Following graduation, buses will be loading graduates at 11pm and leave the Kickapoo parking lot at 11:15pm. Students will return to the Kickapoo parking lot the following morning at 4:30am. Games, prizes, and a good time are guaranteed.
  10. Wall of Honor: Seniors are given the opportunity to purchase a plaque to go on the Wall of Honor.
  11. Final Transcript Requests: Due May 12th, graduation day.

Graduation Need-to-Knows