Music Programs Use their Voices and Instruments to Compete

The trio of Kaylee Grose, Alyssa Kirch and Renny Hagg scored a 1 during state for a groups competition.

Tyler Frey, Sports Editor

The Choir, Orchestra and Band programs all went to the University of Columbia to compete for state on April 29th. There were several different competitions for choir including solo and ensemble performances. These were performed in front of a panel of judges and scored. Each performance had a certain time and place somewhere on the campus that had to be attended in order to be scored.

There were a total of 4 groups and two solo’s who got 1’s (the top choir scoring) at state. The trio of Kaylee Grose, Renny Haag and Alyssa Kirch headlined the group as a trio that got the score of 1. The three girls were also on top of the solo listings and had an all around fantastic showing at state.

As far as bigger groups such as mixed ensemble, a group of 13 got a score of 1 as well. This included Kaylee Grose, Emily Trent, Renny Haag, Alyssa Kirch, Sarah Froncek, Drew Voris, Wesley Bryan, Lauren Melton, Victoria Bright-Kauffman, Katheryn Twente, Luci Wallace and Katie Beth Nichols.

Overall, the choir team had an amazing showing at state. Additionally, they had three other groups that placed first which added to the impressive resume.