KHQ TODAY

Prom Committee Begins Preparations for the Big Night

Diana Dudenhoeffer, News Editor

“It’s a little hard to host at White River again because there’s animal prints on the carpet and a nature theme already exists, but it’ll be fun and interesting at the same time.  We’re going to make sure our theme compliments what’s already there, and our theme will stand out more than the existing theme.”

ARABELLA MASCHINO

“I’m excited to be on prom committee because I can’t wait to see how the setup looks, and we’ve got a really great group this year.  With Mrs. Fraser’s help, we’ll be able to set up something really special.  I can’t tell you what the theme is, mostly because it’s top secret (as of late January) but also because we don’t have a final theme decided yet.”

HEATHER CHAFFIN

“We help set the dance up.  Mrs. Fraser is in charge, but we get to give input and give our ideas for what we think everyone will enjoy.  We also get to plan the design for the merchandise for students to take home to remember the dance.”

QUIN REASONER

“There are between 20 and 25 people on prom committee.  We are picked individually based on what we do in the school and our creativity regarding the theme.  I’m super excited for prom this year because I’ll be with friends, and it’s extra special that I’m involved because the dance will have our personal touch.”

KAYLA HERRON

“The day of the dance, we go to the White River Conference Center and set up with Mrs. Fraser and Mrs. Moran.  It’s a great way to take it easy and relax on the day of prom.  For couples going to prom, my advice would be to not get too uptight and to make it fun.”

COLE MCCARVILLE

About the Writer
Kickapoo High Quarterly