Bubble Trouble: Why the New Soap Dispensers are Literally Awful

When you try to get soap from the dispensers, your fingers are jammed into the mechanism. Who designed this?

Tony Madden, Reporter

There are a number of things in our bathrooms that I could complain about. Several sinks don’t work, the floor is literally ALWAYS wet, and I often find myself with wet hands and no paper towels in the dispensers.

Recently, Kickapoo High School’s bathrooms face a new controversy: the new soap dispensers.

I, for one, am an advocate for hand washing. It keeps them clean and even prevents disease. I find it difficult, however, to wash my hands with these new soap dispensers.

First of all, the design of these dispensers is completely flawed. I shouldn’t feel like I need instructions on how to wash my hands, but I often feel like I do. When I push the lever with the palm of my hand to get soap, my fingers get jammed into the back of the dispenser. What would’ve happened if I’d broken my finger? A lawsuit, that’s what.

The design isn’t the only issue here. I’ve also noticed a change in the foam soap. It simply does not smell clean. The soap is a vital part of the hand washing experience; what’s the point if the soap is literal garbage?

I feel betrayed. That’s all I can say. Why can’t students be taken into consideration when these decisions are made? Do our opinions not matter? I’m outraged, and I will not rest until this soap dispenser issue is addressed.