Serving Up Aces

Senior Garrett Howard serving it up to his opponent at a Kickapoo hosted tournament. 
Photo Courtesy of Thomas Johnston.

Senior Garrett Howard serving it up to his opponent at a Kickapoo hosted tournament. Photo Courtesy of Thomas Johnston.

Tyler Frey, Sports Editor

As the boys tennis team takes the court, high expectations arise from coaches and players. State is the final destination for a sports team in high school. But to senior Paul Parrish, making state may be easier than expected.

“This year coming in, we have a really good chance going into state this year. Everything has fallen into place, including the alignment of talented players on the team,” Parrish said.

With senior Garrett Howard getting closer to his goal, winning state, anticipation is beggining to build up. His tennis story actually began with the similar sport, badminton. Even though the two sports are different, they are still similar in a strange way. With Coach Kohl, Howard’s current head coach, and a passion for the game, Howard is now ranked in the top ten in Missouri for tennis this year.

Conference is May 3 and Districts will be on May 8. Behind these two dates, State will be around the corner. The destination and date for State still has to be determined, but for the seniors of the tennis team, time is still running short on their final season.

Serving Up Aces