Senior Letter: Lilly Doss

Lilly Doss, Copy Editor

What the heck. Those are the only words that come to mind when writing this senior letter. I am about to graduate high school, go to college, and, be independent? Huh? You’re telling me I wasn’t sitting in Cherokee lunch detention just last year? Being a senior feels so surreal, and so short. Whatever the opposite of senioritis is called, I have that. Maybe having no 4th quarter Junior year didn’t help, but boy has high school gone by so quickly. In the past, I’ve heard people say ‘it goes by so fast, enjoy it’ but I never took it to heart. Now, being in the ‘gone’ portion of ‘it goes by so fast’, I will tell you it really does go by so quickly – do not take a moment for granted. Go to the dances, go to the games, join all the clubs you want to join. You only get four years, take advantage of them. One thing I’m very glad I took advantage of during high school is the journalism program. Although you might throw this thing in the recycling bin after you read it, KHQ is a lot more than just a random group of students writing long stories. This magazine you’re holding right now has played such a huge part in my high school experience and I am forever thankful for the relationships it has brought me. It has made these past few years worthwhile and made me feel a part of something bigger than just a journalism class. To all the underclassmen reading this – TAKE JOURNALISM. I promise Ms. Orman is not scary, I promise it is not a boring class and I promise it is not grueling difficult work. Take the class, because chances are, you will love it. This is my final issue of the magazine, and man, do I wish I could go back in time and this be my first. Peace out KHQ, it’s been fun.