Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

ACT Prep

The ACT is something to not underestimate when it comes to standardized testing. Knowing how you can prepare best for it can put your mind at ease and encourage you in your abilities.
Students+can+study+and+get+a+good+feel+for+how+the+ACT+might+feel+and+how+it+looks.+
Photo by Jackson Hill
Students can study and get a good feel for how the ACT might feel and how it looks.

It is said that the American College Testing (ACT) is beneficial for students hoping to go to college, but it’s important to know when and where to take it, as well as how to prepare. The significance of the ACT can be muddy on both sides, some saying it’s an important test colleges look at and others saying they don’t.

Most students realize that as they grow closer to being college-bound bound they are required to take the ACT and with that can come both excitement and stress. It’s key to study and be prepped for when the test comes up you’re not stressing at the last second.   

The exam dates are coming up quickly, with the next one being on April 13. The registration deadline is March 8 and so there are a few ways to prepare for the standardized test.

On Canvas, there is a course most juniors should see called Naviance ACT Prep. This resource, it shows you some helpful study tips as well as some general test-taking tips to help your ACT testing go as smoothly as possible. 

Not only does Naviance have ACT prep but so does our school. There is a whole class dedicated to preparing for the ACT so if the prep on Naviance isn’t enough take that class.

On the Library Learning Commons, there is also the Naviance resource and it allows you to practice parts of the ACT you might not be as proficient at.

If you go to the test prep tab, there are multiple resources, from study plans to games that can help you improve. 

An important thing to remember is to not stress too much about it, the ACT is something that everyone takes at least once in their life. If it has to be done again, no worries because people retake it all the time.

Taking time to rest and prepare before the ACT will help make the whole process a little less stressful. Naviance also offers a countdown until the next ACT test so you can prepare as much as possible from now until then. 

As long as you take your time to study and understand what subjects you can improve in and work on, then you should be fine. Work hard to do well on the test and be proud of yourself no matter the end result.