Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Teachers Who Changed Everything

Many seniors have formed connections with teachers throughout their high school careers. As graduation nears, students reflect on the influence their favorite teachers have brought upon them.

Haven Henry (12)

Miss Moore (left) Haven Henry (right) (Photo by Annemarie Wilhite)

Q: What teacher had the biggest impact on you?

A: “Miss Moore.”

Q: Why did you pick Miss Moore?

A: “There was a time last year when the theatre department was a very unsafe place, and nobody wanted to do theatre anymore. Theatre has always been something I have loved and been interested in. I wanted to quit for a long time, but Miss Moore helped me become the best version of myself and inspired me to continue pursuing theatre.”

Q: What will you miss most about her? 

A: “Honestly her laugh. She has the most genuine laugh. You always know you said something funny whenever she starts laughing because you can hear it echoing in the halls. Also, her personality because she is one of the best people I have ever met.”

Q: What was your favorite memory with her?

A: “It was the day that we were all in tech and she was getting ready for this costume party she was going to, and she had white face on. It was hilarious and we bonded over that. It went from us just laughing at the fact that she looked so weird, to us forming a genuine connection. That was the beginning of the school year before I knew her, so I feel like that really connected us.”

Calista Fontinel (12)

Calista Fontinel (left) Miss Highfill (right) (Photo by Annemarie Wilhite)

A: “Miss Highfill.”

Q: Why did you pick Miss Highfill?

A: “She is kind of like a mom to me, she has a motherly figure vibe. She is also very welcoming.”

Q: What will you miss most about her?

A: “I will miss seeing her every day because I have culinary and A+ tutoring with her, so I got to know her and her family through spending time with her.” 

A: “I would say doing A+ tutoring with her because I got to hang out with her and hear all the tea.”

Junesha Worthy (12)

Junesha Worthy (left) Miss Prude (right) (Photo by Annemarie Wilhite)

A: “Miss Prude.”

Q: Why did you pick Miss Prude?

A: “She’s gone far and out for her students and is kind and caring; you can see it from her personality and actions. I appreciate that she is always willing to help students with their work.”

Q: What will you miss most about her?

A: “Probably her saying good morning to me each day when I walk in.”

A: “The time we made chocolate bark during Christmas and we made cake pops and stuff, that was really fun.”

Hunter Rehkop (12)

Hunter Rehkop (left) Miss Bernhard (right) (Photo by Annemarie Wilhite)

A: “Miss Bernhard.”

Q: Why did you pick Miss Bernhard?

A: “Because she is the sponsor for peer mediators, and being a part of that club has helped me with relationships with friends and family and improved my listening skills. Also, her class is enjoyable and she always finds ways to make the work fun.”

Q: What will you miss most about her?

A: “The environment of the class because it’s super fun. All the labs and stuff we did were really neat. I like science classes, so anything like that I always find cool.”

A: “Whenever I was tutoring her genetics class. Just being able to help out any of the students who needed help with their work was fun. I liked seeing what people needed to learn and succeed.”