HOSA Update: 05-04-21

Liam Karp, Copy Editor

HOSA has led a successful year. Even with the COVID-19 pandemic, which affected many clubs, HOSA was still able to follow health and safety guidelines and continue to allow members of the club explore the different parts of the medical field. “HOSA has been able to maintain success because we have been able to overcome the challenges and in doing so we’ve been able to create events that have been safe for the health guidelines, while still being able to keep on enjoying the club, and what makes the club so fun,” said sophomore Kyle Ramaker. 

Among the many events HOSA hosted this year was a SINGO night. Through this fundraising event HOSA was able to raise a total of $650.00. “We didn’t get as much fundraising as we usually do but “SINGO” which was our main fundraiser of the year, we raised more than last year” said sophomore Cole Flippin. The money raised went to the Be The Match Organization, a nonprofit focused on providing patients with life-saving transplants.

HOSA also had there election in which 10 members ran for the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer positions. But while the year may be coming to an end for most students at Kickapoo, members of HOSA still have there Nationals conference which will be held virtually this year on June 23-26. Good luck to the members competing at Internationals this summer, and congratulations to the group for another successful year.