Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Lunch Lulls

The feeling I get when I see that we have almost nothing new to choose from when it comes to lunch is kind of like that feeling you get when you’ve owned a car for a long time and the newness just wears off. Mediocre.
Photo by Jackson Hill
The options in the school lunch lines are almost always limited, which eventually get boring.

I’m not saying the options are awful, I would like just a little more variety than the exact same thing every day. 

There are options like the taco bar, chicken sandwiches, pasta, asian bar, and if you’re lucky the salad bar. Oftentimes it gets to the point when you can get sick of the choices really quickly, especially if you’re really picky and don’t like much of anything. I feel like we could step it up a little more and have just a few more options rotated out.

I know our school has a budget on what we can spend on school lunch but, I’m not asking for gourmet food. I’m just asking for something a little different. 

As a student, our days are already extremely mundane. I feel like if we got a few more choices for lunch that would make the day a little less boring. 

I enjoy the pasta and chicken sandwiches. They’re as good as school lunches go but, a few more options would be great.

Don’t get it twisted, I’m not blaming the cafeteria workers by any means. I know they work really hard just to feed us and I’m extremely grateful for that. They do a great job at doing what they’re supposed to do and I think they should definitely get more credit for what they do for us. 

With that being said I know we have other options. Some weeks it just seems so weird that we don’t get them switched out as often as the other choices that we get.

Without solutions, talking about all of this just seems like I’m complaining about it and complaining gets us nowhere so I have some suggestions.

I think an option could be like some sort of Indian food or maybe even less of a major change. Just give a few different variants of the food we already have, not the same thing every single day.

I feel like it is totally possible to get a few more options for us as students to have we’re not asking for a ton, just a few different things to chow down on.

The same few foods are served every day during lunch. Maybe it’s time to shake it up. (Photo by Jackson Hill)