Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Television shows we watched everyday as kids have slipped our minds. This is a reminder of all the shows you loved and enjoyed throughout your childhood that are sure to bring back nostalgic feelings.
Photo by Madison Bryant
A lot of nostalgic shows from our childhood can be found on streaming services such as Disney+.

As a kid, I remember sitting in front of the TV while playing with play-dough or eating a snack. However, it’s hard to remember every TV show I watched and enjoyed. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way so here is a list of shows from your childhood you may have forgotten about. 

Pair of Kings

This show first aired in 2010 and ran for three seasons. The show follows two brothers, Brady and Boomer, who learned they were heirs to the throne. They moved to the island they gained rulership over and become co-kings.                   

Together they navigate through life adventures working together to rule over the island. I forgot about this show until I saw a TikTok with the theme song as the background music and it triggered a nostalgic feeling in me. This show was amazing and it was always on TV early in the morning when I couldn’t sleep as a child. 

I wish the children of today got a chance to watch this masterpiece. However, it had slipped my memory until TikTok reminded me, so it’s probably a good thing it was only on for three seasons. 

Kickin’ It

Kickin’ It premiered in 2011 and had four seasons. A successful young fighter named Jack is recruited to practice at the Bobby Wasabi Martial Arts Academy. He works alongside the Wasabi Warriors in order to improve the dojo’s success rate. Kickin’ It was the ultimate form of happiness for me as a kid. This show is what made me learn the word falafel, and Falafel Phil is someone I still think about to this day. Not to mention, there was always fun karate that was going on in the show. I wish this show was still on TV because I’m sure it would still entertain me. Anyone who didn’t watch Kickin’ It as a kid didn’t have a good childhood and needs to go back in time to fix it. 

A.N.T. Farm

A.N.T. Farm was on air from 2011 to 2014 and had three seasons. This show is another one that slipped my mind until I was reminded of it through social media. However, I don’t know how I ever forgot about this show because it was very entertaining. 

Starring China Anne McClain as Chyna Parks, a singing prodigy, the show is about a school for gifted kids that get to skip middle school and enter into high school. Olive was my favorite character because she had an eidetic memory and was always full of information. Much like some other shows, A.N.T. Farm had some amazing songs, especially Calling All The Monsters which is still played a lot during Halloween.

Shake It Up

Shake It Up was on TV from 2010 to 2013. It was nothing short of fabulous during these years. Starring Zendaya and Bella Thorne as the main characters, CeCe and Rocky. The show followed their dreams of becoming professional dancers, and there is no room for anyone to say this show was bad. 

I am flabbergasted to this day that Shake It Up only got three seasons. The show must have been before its time. Not to mention, the playlist of songs from the show was fire then and is still now.