Volunteer Opportunities in the Area
April 30, 2021
Volunteering is an important part of our community that allows people to branch out and help those in need. Volunteering is also a requirement for some programs at Kickapoo. As essential an act as volunteering is, it can sometimes be difficult to figure out which organizations currently need help. Thankfully, there are always opportunities in our community.
- Camp Barnabas – At Camp Barnabas, you will be immersed in a camp devoted to inclusivity and friendship. Volunteering will revolve around helping out campers, being involved in activities and events, and participating in the general run and upkeep at the camp. For more information, visit https://www.campbarnabas.org/serve/roles/.
- Crosslines – While volunteering at crosslines, you will be assisting in getting food to families in need. Whether that is directly distributing the food, checking in families, or answering questions and phone calls, your involvement will be crucial to the wellbeing of families in need. For more information and to figure out when you can volunteer, visit http://ccozarks.org/volunteer-new/.
- Salvation Army – The Salvation Army provides members of the community multiple opportunities to help out in the area. Annually need volunteers to help them out with things such as the holiday bell ringing. They also need virtual bell ringers for their online fundraising. For more information and to sign up to volunteer, visit https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/midland/springfieldmo/volunteer/.
- Ozark Food Harvest – At the Ozarks Food Harvest, you will get the opportunity to provide meals to members of the community who are in need of food. In three-hour volunteer sessions, you will be distributing meals and food from the Ozarks food pantry. They are always in need of help, so to sign up, visit https://ozarksfoodharvest.org/how-to-help/volunteer/.
- Humane Society – If working with animals sounds appealing to you, the Humane Society might be your perfect volunteering opportunity. Through a quick application process and a small orientation, you will be prepared to work with rescue animals waiting to find a home. Some of the volunteer work may include walking dogs, doing laundry, and training and socializing with the animals. To sign up, visit https://www.swh.org/volunteer1.html.