Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

TSA National Bound

Our TSA club advanced to the 2024 State Championship earlier this month. Many students came back victorious, and are now preparing for nationals.
Students+at+the+TSA+state+competition+in+Warrensburg%2C+Missouri.+
Photo by Mary Cannella
Students at the TSA state competition in Warrensburg, Missouri.

Mary Cannella leads a brilliant group of students called The Technology Student Association Club (TSA). It is a club for those with an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). TSA went to state and competed from April 7 to April 9 in Warrensburg, Missouri. Several students who were involved now qualify at the national level.
Sophomore Bella Pan is one of the students who is eligible for nationals. She competed in the Fashion Design category and her group placed second.
“We made a dress that goes with the theme Avante-Garde,” Pan said.
Avante-Garde style is something unusual or experimental. Pan carried this out well with her Egyptian design.
“As we were brainstorming ideas and designs for our garment, we decided to go with something with more of an Egyptian feel to it. This is because we thought the type of clothing is not usually worn on a day-to-day basis in most Western and East Asian countries,” Pan said.
Pan is just one of many students who will be attending the upcoming national competition. Another qualifier is sophomore Jude Riemenschneider, who was involved in writing, speaking, and debate. He also placed second in debate.
“For the debate event I had to debate with another two person team about a topic related to technology,” Riemenschneider said.
The competitors are currently gearing up for their approaching national tournament. They are all adding a few quick modifications and polishing up their projects and skills for their respective events.
“We’re putting on the final touches and perfecting it,” Pan said.
Riemenschneider is doing the same, as he is eager for the imminent competition in Orlando, Florida.
“We’ll have a couple of days for competition and a couple of days of free time to see the city. Me and my debate partner, Cy (Griffith), will probably add some more evidence to our case to prepare for nationals,” Riemenschneider said.
TSA did an incredible job at the state level and will soon be seen in Orlando for nationals. Congratulations to all of the hardworking competitors for the various events they participated in and the diligent national qualifiers.