Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Kickapoo High Quarterly

KHQ TODAY

Things That Just Make Sense Here…

Some “treasured” aspects of the school that are actually strange.
Exploring+some+of+the+abnormal+things+we+have+within+our+school.+
Exploring some of the abnormal things we have within our school.

It’s no secret this is an interesting school. However, being a student here makes you numb to all the weird things we have.  Here is your reminder of all the things that we claim are “normal”,  but are actually abnormal to outsiders.

Dinosaur Head

Starting out with something simple, the dinosaur head mounted on the wall in the science wing. Many freshmen think it’s an odd sight and are startled by it the first time they walk up those orange stairs. However, with time at this school, it quickly becomes something you get used to seeing everyday.

Chocolate Milk Machine

Next, the famous chocolate milk vending machine. I mean come on, the hallway it’s in is referred to as “the chocolate milk hallway” because of it. It’s a pretty popular thing among the student body, even for those who don’t enjoy the milk from it. 

Not many other schools have a vending machine dedicated to just chocolate milk. However, it is a staple for our student body.

Bare Vending Machines

Speaking of vending machines, the ones here at school are usually out of order or bare. Most of the time they are empty. The short explanation is something about the district losing a contract with the vending machine people. 

Totally understandable, but it is still a disappointment when you try to use it and it’s either completely empty or has three things in it. Then you go to another one, and it’s out of order.

Piano

Another weird thing here at school is the piano located in the Commons. Yes, that’s right. A piano that students are able to play.              

In fact, you can be eating your lunch and just hear keys being banged on. We are really trying to have some High School Musical moments during lunch, but most of the time the songs played are underwhelming.

Murals

Lastly, a thing that most schools have a few of. Murals. Except we have murals everywhere. 

I truly mean everywhere. The staircase, the science wing, the theater, the broadcast hallway. We have quite a few. 

However, it gives our school some character so I can’t complain. After all, it makes our school less boring and more visually appealing.